Sports

Revealed: Four Real Madrid stars at risk of BANS for Arsenal Champions League showdown learn their fate

  • UEFA investigated the behaviour of four Real players against Atletico Madrid
  • Carlo Ancelotti was confident his players nothing illicit and would be available
  • LISTEN NOW: It’s All Kicking Off! The signs that Ruben Amorim’s Man United side are getting there

Real Madrid have been handed a boost after four players avoided bans ahead of their Champions League quarter-final clash with Arsenal

The Spanish giants are due to travel to the Emirates next Tuesday, before hosting the Gunners in the return leg eight days later. 

UEFA announced last week that they had launched an investigation into the behaviour of Kylian Mbappe, Vinicius Jr, Antonio Rudiger and Dani Ceballos in the aftermath of Real’s penalty shootout win over Atletico last month.

Mbappe was accused of touching his genitals in a derogatory manner, Vinicius Jr allegedly clashed with Atletico fans during and after the game, while Rudiger is said to have made a throat-slitting gesture. Ceballos was also accused of making an offensive gesture.

All four players will be available to play against Arsenal after UEFA’s findings were published on Friday.  

Rudiger has been fined fined £33,958 (€40,000), Mbappe £25,466 (€30,000) and Ceballos £16,977 (€20,000) for ‘violating the rules of decent conduct’. 

Antonio Rudiger was investigated for the gesture of putting his hand around his neck

UEFA also looked at Kylian Mbappe's behaviour following accusations that he touched his genitals

Vinicius Jr confronting the Atletico crowd  was also under scrutiny by the governing body

UEFA also looked at Kylian Mbappe’s (left) and Vinicius Jnr’s (right) behaviour from the Atletico Madrid round of 16 second leg

Carlo Ancelotti has been handed a boost with all four players available to face arsenal

Carlo Ancelotti has been handed a boost with all four players available to face arsenal

Rudiger and Mbappe have both been handed one-match European suspensions which have been suspended for one year, and will only be activated with repeat offence. 

Meanwhile, Vinicius Jnr had no disciplinary charges brought against him.   

Real boss Carlo Ancelotti was last week adamant that his players did nothing illicit and confident they would not be punished. 

‘We are confident on UEFA investigation,’ said Ancelotti. ‘We wait for verdict, but our players didn’t do anything wrong’. 

‘We are confident in UEFA’s verdict as the players had just celebrated, that’s it’.  



Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button